Sky+ problem

F

Freddie42

I've just had Sky+ installed. For a while I've had no problems, but for the last few days I've been unable to record one channel while watching another. On checking the signals Input 2 has gone. When I turn off the box and turn it back on, it's all OK, but after a while the signal on Input 2 goes again, and I have to repeat the same process. I've tried to run the Sky+ and Planner rebuild, but the housekeeping process just freezes (waited for 25mins). As I have already recorded programs, I don't want to system reset, as I will lose them. Can anyone help?

I've just had Sky+ installed. For a while I've had no problems, but for the last few days I've been unable to record one channel while watching another. On checking the signals Input 2 has gone. When I turn off the box and turn it back on, it's all OK, but after a while the signal on Input 2 goes again, and I have to repeat the same process. I've tried to run the Sky+ and Planner rebuild, but the housekeeping process just freezes (waited for 25mins). As I have already recorded programs, I don't want to system reset, as I will lose them. Can anyone help?

The following will NOT further harm your recordings - switch off at the mains socket, unscrew and swap over the lnb cables to dish inputs 1 & 2. If the signal level fault (and viewing channels disappears) swaps inputs the fault is in the lnb (bit in front of dish) or cabling, if it does not swap inputs the fault is in the box, and if the fault disappears you had a loose connection. Whilst cables are disconnected and before reconnecting check that the f connector is firmly screwed (or occasionally crimped) onto the cable and be careful that the central inner core is correctly fitted into the socket when reconnecting.

F

Freddie42

I have changed the cables, and made sure the connections are secure, but the problem is still occurring on Input 2. I cleared all my recordings and did a full system reset. After a couple of hours, Input 2 has gone again, so I reckon the problem is with the box itself. Will probably end up contacting Sky about it.

The most likely cause is a failing hard disk.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom