Sky + Problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by uppal, Jun 15, 2005.

1. uppal

uppal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Im having probs with the 2nd RF out of Sky + (Pace v2)

I have the main output set at 16:9 - but even though I have set the 2nd output as 4:3 (as that tv is not widescreen) is still outputs a 16:9 - and it looks awful. Ive tried re-setting. Also, even though I switch the 2nd RF power to OFF in the installer menu - it still sends the picture regardless! Ive tried both the RF outputs on the back. Same problem.

Has anyone else found this problem?

Many thanks

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    You are aware that you have to save the selection when you make a change in the Sky menus, otherwise nothing happens ?

3. anthonyg

anthonyg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    plug a tv link into RF2 use it to change channel, and see what happens...

The RF power thing is to do with voltage sent down the line to power things such as a tv link, it's not for setting wether rf2 sends a picture or not.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

If the only problem is the picture ratio on the TV connected via RF2 then what you are seeing is quite normal.
    The SKY+ can only output one picture ratio at any one time across all the video outputs. The option to select a different ratio for RF2 in the menu is designed to allow TVlink users to have an automatic ratio switching system in place when viewing from the other location on a different ratio TV to the one connected via scart.

As anthonyg suggests if you connect a TVlink to RF2 and use that to control the SKY+ the video output will change to the selected option until such time the SKY+ receives a command via the front panel IR sensor and reverts to the primary location picture ratio setting.

5. uppal

uppal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks everyone for your help. Yes, it makes sense now.
    Unfortunately, the TVlink that I have was purchased years ago when I had a standard sky box. After I got sky+ i found it did not work properly (channels would not change) - I heard that this was a common problem?

So, I just got a video sender and use that now - and this explains why the 2nd output wont change ratio - as channels are changed from front of box!
    I think I will just have to change the settings everytime. Sigh.

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Nothing different about the operation of a TVLink style device on SKY+ compared to the normal digibox, what works with one will work with the other assuming you have done the basics of channel tuning and turning the power on (after connecting the link) and saving the settings.

Of course you have to use the right remote for the connected STB:)

7. Wackojacko32

Wackojacko32
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is it me or does this not make any sense. Why have a setting for RF2 at all if it is competely overridden by the RF1 setting and you have to manually change it when switching from your main widescreen TV to a portable in another room?

Maybe I miss understand your reply :)

Wackojacko