Sky + problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by FMC, Dec 30, 2004.

1. FMC

FMC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I got my new pace box the other day ,installed it myself with no problems.The only thing i needed to do was drill a hole in the wall because the cable was coming out the window and it was freezing.Anyway finally did that today and now I have no signal(not locked on) on signal input 2.Ive swapped the cables round on the box and they swap over signal ie one works the other doesnt.Could it be my LNB is knackered? I just dont under stand why it worked ok and now doesnt.

Also ive changed the coax cable,swap the LNB connections.Everything but the LNB has been changed.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Did you move or jar the box whilst it was still switched on ? You could have damaged the hard disk, which manifests itself as a lack of signal on LNB2. The other possibility is that you have a short on one cable.

3. FMC

FMC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    There was a short on the original cable.I got the sky engineer to drill me a hole as a homer(he was in the street doing other houses) and he drilled thru the original cable.I didnt notice this till I went to connect it up and spent all day ****ing about with it ,till my mate came and checked it and suggested we change the original cable.We took it out and there it was ,a massive big gauge in the cable.But who cares it works now :thumbsup:

4. Madgpol

Madgpol
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Guys,

any help gratefully received.

As the header suggests input 2 is not locked. As a result I have no recording facilities. Sky itself works fine and I can view all channels etc. I've tried numerous housekeepings (This used to solve issue) without any success. I've ordered a 160gb harddrive with the intention of an upgrade.

o you think this will solve the issue ?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Jason

5. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try doing a forced software update, some of the Pace boxes are coming out with the old software version installed. Then set up a dual recording. If this does not bring input 2 into life I think you will have to assume the HD is probably faulty.