sky problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Swifttech, May 28, 2004.

1. Swifttech

Swifttech

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have sky and on some channels the picture and sound breaks up. tonight it was so bad it was impossible to watch. whats wrong? this happened tonight while watching ITV. thanks

2. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps something is faulty?

Test the Sky Digibox on a friend's system. If that works OK then you've narrowed the cause down to the remaining parts of the installation - LNB, dish, cable, connectors - or else local interference or something (leaves?) blocking the signal path.

If the receiver is faulty please tell us the exact make and model number from the label.

3. HenryKrinkle

HenryKrinkle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have exactly the same problem! It's been happening over the last few days and seemingly only on ITV...I'm watching the F1 qualifying at the moment and every few minutes or so the picture and sound breaks up, pixellating and then freezing for a couple of seconds before righting itself. I thought my box was on it's way out but it's not very old...if you are having the same problems maybe it's something else?!

If it persists I'll be phoning sky!!

...my box is a Panasonic 5.0.X

4. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Then it's not a Sky Digibox. All Panasonic Sky Digibox models begin with TU-DSB then a number (printed on the rear panel). Other makes have the model number on a label underneath.

And the same answer applies. Test it on a working dish system.

5. theroohster

theroohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's always worth trying a reset before anything else...
    Switch the box off, take the card out unplug it from the mains for a couple of minutes, then plug it back in, switch on and wait till it asks for the card before re-inserting it.
    It's worked for me a couple of times.

6. davej

davej
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had problems with ITV and ITV2 last night as well, there was huge pixelation/digital artefact problems and the picture struggled to appear whenever I went onto the channel. Haven't checked today but as all other channels seem their usual selves then the finger is pointing at the broadcaster rather than your system. Some form of cost-cutting no doubt....