• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

sky problem every sunday

ronnerx

Standard Member
my sky plus box every sunday between 4pm and 6pm,. i recieve no signal being recieved up to 4 and after 6 is fine every other day of the week no problem. sky say must be problem with box ,i changed my box and still the problem can anyone help please

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
If there is a reasonable signal level during that period with very low quality, then this a sign of outside inference either at RF frequencies into the cabling (WiFi devices, Amateur radio enthusiast, Tetra radio transmitter, electrical equipment in or near your property - central heating pumps etc) or microwave frequencies into the lnb at the dish (radar, local microwave link, microwave security system, car radar speed camera detectors). These are just a few sources of interference to satellite reception I have come across in last 25 years.

Does this happen to all channels or just a few channels (if so a list please).

ronnerx

Standard Member
thanks for replying, as i have said this only happens on a sunday between the hoursof 4 and 6 it only effects all bbc and itv channel4 i can watch sky1 etc, gold , and most free to air channels as i am writing all channels are now working ok as its after 6 sky say i would need an engineer at my cost to diagnous problem. any advice would be great thanks.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
As the issue is very very specific then I would not be surprised the it's a local source of interference as covered by davemurgatroyd2.
The odds are unless the installer arrives between 4 and 6 on a sunday then nothing he can do would make a difference.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom