Sky + problem/advice

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by AllyJo, May 4, 2005.

1. AllyJo

AllyJo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    HI all,

I am have had sky dish installed in my flats, its a communal system. Its sky+ too which is handy, so we all have our nice 2 sockets ready to connect up.

The muppet company that fitted the system is only responsible for the Dish and wires not the decoder/subs etc. I have my sky+ box etc but I keep getting 'no signal received' etc. Meter reading taken by the company that supplied me with my box and subscription told me its only 51 on first one and 50.8 on the second, apparently you need 55+ at least on both to get sky+. Ok firstly I have no clue about what he was talking about LOL but anyway got the dish people back they played around with the dish and its up to 54 and 53.8 apparently now but still no signal. They are coming back as they tested the dish and it gives a reading of 70, for a drop of 16 they said it wayyy too high so the amp needs relpacing apparently, but anyway can someone make head nor tail of what these readings are? Is it the signal strength % i see mentioned etc or is mhz or what.. all looks mumbo jumbo, i wonderd if anyone here could shed some light on the matter for me?

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    It would have to be a guess but I expect they are measuring signal strength once it reaches your flat after passing through a distributor and cabling.
    There may be more specific signal testing that is associated with a communal system as opposed to a dish with a single LNB (quad or otherwise) feeding a digibox which may be why they state that the SKY+ requires a minimum signal (under their conditions) were as even 50% (strength/quality) would generate a picture on a normal installation.

I know it's not much help:)