1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky prob and new box

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by raigraphixs, Jan 11, 2002.

1. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,241
    1. Did anyone experience picture freeze moments last night through the end of buffy and start of angel, around 9.50pm to 10.10pm on sky one. There was also a shimmering effect on the picture. But i looked at all other channels and they were fine. If the problem was widespread then it would of been have nice if sky had put up a message on screen.

2. I want to get a 2nd sky box installed and a twin or quad LNB. I do not want any subscription at the moment, as i have subs on my first box. Would it cost me £100 pounds or would sky not allow that?. Or would i have to pay for the box and LNB and installation which would probably be £250?.

Any info would be cool.

rai

2. swarrans

swarrans
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sound like quite a few of us experienced the same problems during Buffy as you - see the other thread "Buffy starts in 2 mins..." or something. I confess I thought it was because I've got boaderline signal strength, but if a lot (everyone?) had the same problem it must have been a transmission problem, or a super-reduction in bit rate. I'm going to watch the repeat on Saturday at 5pm to see if it's the same. God I hope not, I only re-subscribed to Sky (from FTV) for Buffy!
    There's loads of threads sorta covering your second question, but (my opinion only) is that if you don't want to subscribe your best bet would be to buy a 2nd hand digibox from local paper/Ebay etc and get a Free To View card from BBC.

Simon