Sky - PPV Problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by S-Reynolds, Aug 17, 2004.

1. S-Reynolds

S-Reynolds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been a subscriber of Sky for over 5 years (Full Package).

About 3 months ago we had a new Sky Viewing card after the original was damaged by one of our children. Since receiving the new card we have been unable to book a Pay-per-View film on Sky Box Office - the message on screen reads 'insufficient credit on your account'. This I do not understand as we pay for Sky via Direct Debit on a monthly basis

In the past we left the Sky box disconnected from the telephone socket to stop the children ordering/viewing anything they shouldn't. After calling Sky to find out why we have insufficient credit on the account they have informed that the box must be connected to the telephone line on a permanent basis. This I have done but some two/three months later the same message appears?

Can I force my Sky box to dial Sky and authenticate itself so I can watch a movie.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    You could attempt to look at your account online via the digibox (call is free), that should force the digibox to talk to the SKY server and transfer any payment details.
    I did that with my SKY+ when I hadn't been billed for some PPV 18 months after watching the event, I got the statement about a month later after examining my account on line and leaving the phone connected for about a week.

"Insufficient Credit" would normally mean the card has maxed out at around £50(?) and you would need to get this bill transfered to SKY for payment, if you haven't ordered any SBO or other PPV then there might be another problem.

The phone line does not need to be cnonnected 24/7 especially once you have completed the minimum 12 month term, it helps matters if you do use PPV of course (you are billed at time of purchase and not a year or so later) but it's not essential.

3. S-Reynolds

S-Reynolds

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think (unless I can not find the options) under the traditional Sky digibox there is no option to view your account details / balance

Have I just missed the option?

4. dishdoc

dishdoc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I think that you select "interactive", - sky customer services, then you should be able to access your account :thumbsup: