SKY+ poor signal strength input 1 only

smarty

Established Member
Reaction score
Had some work done on Monday, part of which involved shortening the satellite cables and sending them into the house at a different point. The installers also put a socket on the wall so that both the leads can be plugged into it.
However, I now have a very bad signal strength on input 1 (signal quality in the middle) which means every so often the picture stutters/freezes for a split second. Input 2 has full signal strength. Prior to the cable changes input 1 strength was around the middle and input 2 just over half way.

Is there anything I can do to get the signal strength back up on input 1 or will I have to get them back out again? Sounds to me like a dodgy connection of dodgy wiring on one of the cables but not too sure what to look at.

Thanks

Just check the actual connection between the LNB cable and the wallplate and the cable between the plate and the digibox. It may be that the join is not clean or firm and simply re-attaching will help matters.
Just to confirm their is an issue with the signal and/or cable you should swap the two cables over and see if tuner2 then displays the lower readings and tuner1 goes up.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom