sky pluss flickering problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by rammy, May 4, 2005.

1. rammy

rammy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi i just had a new dlp tv, but iv'e now noticed that my sky plus picture flickers every so often, plus the picture sometimes goes funny like a slow motion effect, e.g. when i'm watching sky news, the text banner across the bottom jutters now and again. does anyone havethe same problems?
    thanks

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Worth asking the same question in the DLP forum since there will be more people with the same combination of source and display than in this forum:)

Any problems with other sources?
    If not have you tried DVD/Freeview etc with the same cable and inputs you are using for SKY just to confirm they are not the problem. Then check each of the SKY video outputs (RGB/PAL scart, s-video, RF) to see if the problem is associated with one particular output.

If you still have the problem then you have probably confirmed there is nothing wrong with the display or cabling and it's the SKY+ source that is the issue which could mean a hardware issue (if it's on all channels) or a broadcast issue (compression etc) with particular channels.