SKY PLUS

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by VIDEO STAR, Oct 21, 2001.

1. VIDEO STAR

VIDEO STAR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi everyone,
    I am interested in Sky Plus mostly so I can tape one channel and watch another, If after a year I let my Sky Plus subscription laps and only continue with my reguler Sky subscription , does any body know if I can still tape one channel and tape another. As the box has two tuners could I watch one channel live and tape the other on my video recorder or is the second tuner conected straight to the hard disc recorder making it imposable to watch unless the hard drive works. I supose Sky would send a signal to switch the hard drive off if I stopped my Sky Plus subscription? Thanks for any repliesnull

2. DaveT

DaveT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Probably not the replies you want, but here goes:

If you stop paying the £10 Sky 'rent something I've already bought' fee, then Sky will disable the recording capability.

I believe the Sky+ box only has one set of electronics for 'decoding' the digital data into the viewed picture, so you cannot get two channels simultaneously out of the box.

Hope this helps,

Dave T.

3. VIDEO STAR

VIDEO STAR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks very much for the reply