1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sKY PLUS!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by The Spaniard, Aug 21, 2001.

1. The Spaniard

The Spaniard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Anybody got skyplus yet? I read that it was going to be released on 13th August. I have sent for details but heard nothing! Whats the game?

I need sky plus for the 's' video out and dolby digital! I am connecting to a sony vplvw10 projector. Any news would be gratefully received!

2. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Where did you read 13th August?

It's getting exciting!

3. warne

warne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've hearn nothing yet either, depite registering my interest some time agao - no phonecalls, no information pack, nothing. But then this is Sky we're talking about, so what do you expect !

4. johnson

johnson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It was 13 august.Now it's 14 september!

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Phone their dedicated sales line on 08705-800800 and they will give you an installation date....mines coming on 7th Sept.two week waiting list apparently.<br />As for expecting quality information and to recieve a telephone call from sky customer services ...shame on you !!!

6. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnelf:<br />Welcome to the forum. I was beggining to think that I was the only person in Epsom with an interest in Home Cinema!<br />For those of us that live in the poorer parts of leafy Surrey, I phoned Sky yesterday to get a quote on the monthly payment for a box - £11.76 a month for 3 years. The guy seemed paticulaly pleased with his quote until I told him that by the time it's paid for it will have been out of date for about 3 and a half years! Looks like I will start saving then. Though to be honest, the only thing that really attracts me to it is the capability for Dolby Digital sound. I'm sure there will be plenty of second hand Sony boxes up for grabs when Sky+ finally takes of.

7. poolking

poolking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Check out all the other posts in this section of the forum and they'll make you think again about Sky +

8. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Sony boxes won't do DD 5.1 , optical out or no optical out.. at the moment you'll have to get a Sky+ box to get DD on Sky, simple as that

Andy