1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky plus

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wayno, Apr 18, 2005.

1. wayno

wayno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey there, i'm having big trouble with my sky+ it will not record as there is no 2nd line input coming in. Could some one give me a few pointers as to how to sort this problem out, sky say the harddrive has failed as they did a system reboot the other day and they will not carry out another as they say a engineer has to come out at a cost of £60. Any help peeps would be really appreciated :lease: things only started to go wrong in the last 3-4 weeks many thanks wayno.

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If the hard drive has failed you can always try replacing it yourself. Keep in mind howevere that if something else goes wrong in the future you will have to put the old drive back in. Having said that, it could be that the second tuner has failed and is not receiving the signal, or the lnb o/p to the second input on the box has gone.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Unfortunately this problem could be either a faulty LNB, or a faulty hard drive. You could try plugging in one LNB input only with each feed, which could rule out the LNB, or try reformatting the drive, but this will erase the existing contents. If formatting the drive temporarily solves the problem, you have a faulty drive.

4. wayno

wayno

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks blue and nick for the tips, lol well that brings me to me next point then how do i carry out a full system restore then as the wife carried out the last one when i was away cheers