1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Plus vs. Telewest

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by kifimoto, Nov 21, 2003.

1. kifimoto

kifimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am with Telewest at the moment but am thinking about switching to Sky+ - mainly because of the recording facility.
    Having read the threads in this forum, i understand that sky is a bit of a rip off. Shall I stick with telewest then?
    Also is the picture quality of sky plus poor as suggested by other members? Does it suffer from interference? Would it work well with a Pio 434 plasma???
    very confused....:confused:
    thanks!!!!

2. Billilu

Billilu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You have to balance the complaints in the rip-off thread with the eulogies in the 'Reasons To Upgrade to Sky+' thread. Also, you will find many who are happy with their picture in Sky+ compared with the few who think it's worse than before. People on this forum are very particular, and a lot of the things which concern them don't affect the average viewer.

I have a 434 and am pleased with the picture via an RGB scart, except - as I've said - when it comes to sports like football and rugby.

My sister's family switched from Telewest to Sky+ a month ago, and they can't believe the difference in PQ on their Toshiba 36" widescreen. And already they can't imagine life without Sky+.

3. kifimoto

kifimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Many thanks for the info.
    hm... that's the trouble - footie and rugby (and other sports like golf) is pretty much all i watch....
    ar well...
    does the plasma find the movements difficult to cope with and the picture becomes blurry etc?

4. kifimoto

kifimoto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hm... i am thinking about getting the 868 as well with the AX5 receiver. The trouble is the 868 doesn't come with the i.link cable and they cost a fortune. i spoke to the guy from audiotech croydon (who sold the 434 for 3700 inc vat no speakers no stand- bank transfer) and he said pioneer told him they are looking to include the cable as standard with the 868.
    The guy also told me that Pio told him off for selling the 434 so cheaply that he has to raise the price back to 3999!