Sky plus recording to DVD Recorder

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by pa 28 driver, Jul 24, 2005.

1. pa 28 driver

pa 28 driver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Got Sony plasma connected to sky plus/Sony Amp via scarts and the media/connection box. All works fine, have just bought Sony Dvd recorder (HX 510) connected that via scarts to Sky plus and media box. Problem being that when i use the copy facility on plus to try record on dvd nothing happens, having never used copy before on plus not sure if connected up in correct or fault with plus box, all a bit hit and miss I appreciate but can anyone throw any light on possible remedies, thanks.

2. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Have you tried pressing RECORD on your DVD recorder - using a RW disc to save wasting an R disc - then selecting the programme you wish to copy from Sky+.
    You need to set your Sony recorder to Scart 1 or whichever input connects from Sky+ , then select AV1 or whichever input selects your DVD recorder to come through your plasma - in other words you will be watching Sky+ through your DVD recorder. Press RECORD PAUSE on your DVD recorder - choose the programme you want to copy from Sky+ from the SKY PLANNER - press RECORD when you reach the point you want to record - pause again when the adverts start and record again when adverts finish - to end up with a recording without adverts.
    Remember to FINALISE the disc when you have finished if you want to play it in a different DVD player.
    You don't have to use the COPY function on Sky+, just set your recorder and play back the programme as though you are watching it.

3. pa 28 driver

pa 28 driver

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. All I want the recorder for is to take up some of the space on plus hard drive and keep the odd film or two. I understood that this was possible without actually watching the programme on the tv as it was doing it, unless of course you want to edit it. Using the setup I have at moment I have no problem recording from the av channel, albeit whatever programme is on the tv but I can't get the programmes on the plus hard drive to record unless of course I sit and watch them, which somewhat defeats the object, clear as mud now hey ;), thanks.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    As you have found out the SKY+ has only one video output stage and whatever is being played back or shown live regardless of if you are watching it or not is carried on all the video outputs (scarts, s-video and rf).

The COPY function does allow you to do unattended off board recordings which is handy for archieving overnight which is as close to what you want as you will get with SKY+.

5. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    You can set your DVD recorder to copy from Sky+ then watch a program other than Sky though - yes ?
    If not run a separate connection from a Freeview box to your media box - to watch - and have Sky+ feeding directly into the DVD recorder ?

6. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,954
    Don't forget also that if you want top quality, only the TV out on the Sky+ box is RGB.