1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky plus problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by davyb, Dec 9, 2003.

1. davyb

davyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey guys, my sky plus packed in the other day. It wont fast forward , rewind, play or pause. Sky say it is buggered, and as it is 10 days outside warranty, they wont help me!!! Any suggestions???

Davy.

2. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Have you enquired about their Service call. It covers everything. Think it was about £65??:)

3. davyb

davyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    And what do you get for your £65 mark?

4. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently your £65 gets you a new box, or more likely a reconditioned box. If the repair engineer can't fix the problem with a couple of key presses he will quickly remove it and fit a another (working) one in its place.

Mine actually failed on the last day of its warranty, Sky replaced it. Then a month later it failed again (last Friday) different problem, Sky charged me £65, then after I complained to the customer services and explained the full story they have offered to refund my money - I suspect the crash was caused by the dual recording update feature as my box now won't record at all. Fortunately it still works in "standard" mode like an old style digibox.

Anyhow despite all the issues etc £65 is not a bad price to have it repaired / replaced. Many repair companies charge similar amounts just for a call out.

5. davyb

davyb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.I have since cancelled my subscription in protest and written them a letter. Do you think I am being unreasonable????

6. Richard QC

Richard QC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Possibly, depends on how much you want to watch Sky or have the box. If you can be patient for a few weeks / days they will probably contact you and offer some sort of reduced subscription or something, they don't like people cancelling.

7. MarkR

MarkR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +291
    Davyb, just keep phoning them, if you get an unhelpful operator just cut the conversation short and keep phoning until you do get one. You maybe lucky and get the sevice call for nothing or for half price if you really feel this strongly about it..:cool: