1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY Plus - new pace 1.113 40 hours - NOT recording!!!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dday, Sep 19, 2005.

1. dday

dday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    just got a Pace 1.113, (PVR3 I think) with sky pus. It seemed to be working fine, but I think there is a problem with the recording. To test it, I set it to record 5 films and a couple of 1 hour shows. Not a problem, I thought, as the disc has space for 40 hours. (80gb). It worked great for the first 4. Then I went out, and the last film failed. It said 'out of disc space'. Hmm. It also said something like 68% disk space free. So i set it to record a different film. this time, it works. Then tried another. It stopped after 30 mins - saying - part rec, out of disc space.
    This morning I changed the recording to 'manual', so that it would stop when it runs out of space. It worked for the first 90 mins, and then I had to go to work. So I don't know if its still working.
    The box did get a bit of a knock (against carpet, I was moving furniture). Could that be it ? The menus, sound, picture are all working fine.
    Anyone have similar problems with 1.113 ? How did you fix it ?
    Thank you

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Well, the "40 hours" thing is not fixed - it all depends on programme content. Movies tend to use the most disk space, because they're high quality, and often have digital soundtracks. Try powering down & up again, and if that doesn't work press Services, 4, 0, 1, Select on the remote, and choose the "planner rebuild" option. This is like a "defrag" on a PC, and recovers hard disk space. However, you might not have a problem at all.

3. dday

dday
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. I see your point about the type of program, digital soundtrack etc. But why would it say 68% disk space free at the same time as saying 'out of disk space' ?
    I'll give the reboot option a go when i get home thanks