• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky plus hd in multiple locations in same room

gdonald20

Standard Member
Hi

We currently have sky plus HD and using the four LNB outputs from the dish we have two sets of cables which allow us to have the tv in two locations within our living room.

We've just decorated and realised that we'd like to put the tv in a third location but can't as there are no cables there. Is there any way we can split one pair of the feeds coming in from the dish so that two sets of cables run off it? Clearly these would never be used simultaneously, only one set at a time dependant on the tv's location in the room.

I've found lots of splitters online but they are only for one feed and I was unsure if that meant i'd need a splitter for the LNB 1 feed and then one for the LNB 2 feed. That seems a slightly inelegant solution but since I can't find a splitter that has dual inputs and outputs I wonder if it is the only solution.

Thanks
Gillian

gdonald20

Standard Member
Oops sorry should have posted in the sky HD/3D bit?

I had thought (maybe wrong) that the octo LNB can only be used with a large dish not the mini dish. If that's the case I can't do it. We stay in a conservation area so they won't allow anything bigger than mini dish size.

gdonald20

Standard Member
Oh thanks that's great. I had looked at posts earlier that mentioned the octo wouldn't fit. I didn't check the date, they must have been older posts.

logiciel

A machine only needs two connections to the dish if you want to record one channel on it while watching another.
Do you really want to do that on three machines in one room?
If not you have exactly the right number of connections alraedy.
One would stay with a PVR the other two would each feed one receiver.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
He's not talking about three boxes! He's talking about moving a box to three locations!

(I thought I was the one losing my eyesight.......:laugh:)

Last edited:

logiciel

You mentioned only moving the TV - no mention of Sky machines or how many of them!
S N: There's a clue at the end of OP's original post.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
You mentioned only moving the TV - no mention of Sky machines or how many of them!
S N: There's a clue at the end of OP's original post.

An even clearer one at the end of the second para...........!!

logiciel

I meant the clue for you - about OP's name.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom