sky plus cost

gra123

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm looking for advice on this. at the moment i have sky hd, plus box, and one sky box total price £73 per month. i would like to replace the sky box with a plus box, now the question is will i have to pay a further £10 per month for this or is it free because i already have the plus funtion?
Gra :confused:

hi mate whilst waiting for a reply my wife called sky and they said it would be another £10 per month. but i think i'm with you on this one.

if you subscribe to premium channels eg, movie pack or sports pack it should be free, I mean not paying the £10 for the sky plus..and £70+ a month, thats to much....

ok, assuming you have the full channel pack which is £43, that gives you free + ability on any box you have in the house.....then you pay £10 for SkyHD channels.....£53, then you pay £10 for a second room, £63, then you pay another tenner for a third room, £73....you dont pay any extra for sky+...when your wife was on the phone they probably thought she wanted to add another 4th room......

however to get a sky+ box for your third room to replace the normal sky box in there currently) i assume this is what you are trying to work out) you will most likely have to pay Sky for it.....usually they charge a somewhat unreasonable sum for them....as you have just got HD and been tied in to a new 12 month contract you will have little bargaining room...altho you could threaten to remove everything but the basic 2 channel mix and HD......but i reckon they'll ignore you.....

edit: btw the only time you'd have to pay more than £73 with 3 rooms is if you wanted HD in either or both of the other two rooms, unlike the + facility, with HD you have to pay £10 per room......so say you wanted HD in your second room you'd be paying £83, and if you wanted HD in your third room as well then you'd be paying £93.....bit of a cheek if you ask me, but i guess their excuse is the bandwidth cost to them..i could understand if they actually had lots of HD material, but they dont, a load of it is upscaled SD stuff....no offence but i'd rather just upscale it myself and not pay an extra tenner per room for HD..lol

thanks Knyghy byte very well explained :clap: so all i have to do is put in my own plus box and that should be it?

you might need to phone sky to pair the new box and card up.....and make sure they activate the + feature on it..........also to use + properly it needs 2 feeds going in, not just one.....so you may have to run another feed off the dish...altho i think you can make do with one feed, and still use + to record stuff, but you cant watch another channel while you record, might be able to watch an already recorded program tho...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom