1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky plus box, no 2nd lnb signal

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by tim k, Apr 2, 2005.

1. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I know most of you will tell me its a hard drive failure, the thing is the box is brand new and never recorded. I can pause some channels and record a couple of seconds of tv. i tried a factory reset (holding left and right navigation buttons) but after a few mins that didnt sort out the problem. my question is, can i buy a cheap hard drive (inc upgrade in size) or any other solutions.

btw its a designer flower painted box supplied from selfridges and ive been told if i take it back i will get a standard box, losing me money.

2. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try using it.I have had Sky+ since Xmas.My second input spends most of its time showing a low or no signal.However,a recording seems to trigger it into life.Despite numerous dual records it has not failed yet,even though input 2 is STILL showing no signal.Try starting 2 recordings and see if input 2 is still dead.If it is,contact Sky.As its a new machine they will at least offer you free subs in lieu of any cash lost if they cannot supply a decorated box

3. tim k

tim k

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    a google search on the subject and a quick call to sky resulted in a 10 minute software upgrade which rectified the problem, so all is well :)