Sky+ plus 2 multiroom boxes

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by OldSwitcheroo, Feb 28, 2005.

1. OldSwitcheroo

OldSwitcheroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    Help me please!

I'm looking to get Sky+ for the main room and 2 other multiroom boxes for two bedrooms.

Question 1: Do Sky do a Sky+ and 2 multiroom deal? i.e. would it be £10 per month for both multiroom boxes?

Question 2: At the mo, there's only 1 bt phone box (in the main room). I presume I can connect all 3 boxes to the one line? However I don't want to run phone extensions all over the place, so does anyone know how much it is to have 2 new bt phone boxes (on the same line) fitted. I can't seem to find it anywhere on BT's site (but that may be me!)

Cheers for any help/links.

2. Mr Kennedy

Mr Kennedy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    Ok to your first question - It would cost your £10 per box, so if you want to that's an extra £20 on top of your normal sky+ package, so if you have the full package you be looking at £61pm. You might wanna consider just having one multiroom and doing a 'Tv Link' to the other?

2nd Question - You will need a seperate box for each box, unless you want cables going everywhere. To install a new box is very easy and all you need is telephone wire and a telephone box, and open your 'master' box and stick one of the leads in and carry that upstairs, then get a JB and take off 2 leads one for each bedroom. Just plan it in advanced and you can't go that far wrong.

3. OldSwitcheroo

OldSwitcheroo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +992
    Thanks for the reply HTGUN. BT boxes, seems the best idea to me.

Regarding the TV Link, does that allow all 3 boxes to be on different channels at the same time? Only reason I ask is that this would be a required at times

4. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No it wouldn't. A TV link only controlsw the box from a remote location. To watch different channels in each room you need seperate boxes.