Sky + playback problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by steviewilson, Nov 1, 2005.

1. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Playing back some recently recorded programs on my Sky+ box have shown slight pauses, pixelling, annoying glitches. I have less than 20% of the space left and its only just started doing this over the last day or two. Is my HD at fault?
    And naturally, my extended warranty has just expired. Its as if they somehow know isnt it?

Stevie
    Glasgow

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    lol, yes, its amazing how necessary technology always seems to bug out once its warranty expires (washing machines/dishwashers being prime examples)....oh, i know sky isnt necessary, but the box is if you want sky.......

it may just be your signal has been a bit weak, check the system settings, signal test, see if its a little lower than usual......if not then it could be the HDD or something else in the box......best to record a whole bunch of stuff and see if all are affected or not...

the problem with HDD is the whole disk doesnt fail normally, just some bad sectors appear.....its not so bad if you can control where the machine writes on the disc, like you can with some computer programs, but a sky box probably writes randomly as its always writing when you allow live rewind/live pause......

hope its just the signal for your sake, if not then looks like you forking out for a new box, when you phone them keep badgering untill you get it for £65 i think is the new price, agree to a guaranteed 12 months contract extension too if u are sure u will have sky for that long, should ensure getting the box cheaper that way......or just make do with the box quality for now and get a HD box when they released in 2006...

3. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have multi room and the bedroom box is perfect so cant be the dish or lnb at fault. Whats the HD box in 2006 you described?

Stevie

4. steviewilson

steviewilson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh your meaning High Definition eh?

Stevie