1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Playback problem

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by WarPig843, Dec 14, 2004.

1. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Just got PACE Sky+ installed today by a local independant supplier and Im having problems when playing back recordings.

About 3 seconds into playback, the picture freezes and the message 'No satalite signal is being received' appears.

I know that the programme has been recorded because, if I set it to play at say 6 mins into the recording, it starts to play, then freezes again. This is happening to all my recordings.

I will be ringing the local supplier tomorrow but, to avoid embarasment, is there anything that Im doing wrong?

2. ucsman

ucsman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cant really offer any sound solution, though I had exactly the same thing with my SKY+ (Amstrad) unit.
    I disconnected the unit (getting a carpet fitted) and when I refitted the F-connectors and power, the issue was gone, never to return (I hope). 1 month and counting.

3. MikeNolan

MikeNolan
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had an Amstrad unit for about 4 weeks. I have had occasional lock-ups but not when playing back a recording. The pic freezes for about 10 secs then starts again. A friend has also experienced this with Sky+ and an old Sky box. Not sure what causes it - maybe a weather problem!!
    Mike

4. himpressive

himpressive

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Same thing happened to me when I first had mine installed; I called sky tech support and they took me through a process called "house keeping" and the problem disappeared. :D

5. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    agreed, do a full system reset it certainly can't do any harm it doesn't work properly anyway.

6. cowlid

cowlid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. cowlid

cowlid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    okay, so the link doesn't work (can anyone help?)

Look back through the posts - the thread is called "no satellite signal received" or something like that, and as I said, it was back at the end of November.

Hope it helps

Dave

8. watersa@ntlworl

watersa@ntlworl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After our installation we found we couldn't record two channels at once.......if we started to record one channel it would'nt let us turn over.
    Sky told me to switch off & undo both LNB cables & swap em over & check the center copper wire was protruding in each too. Prior to that they had us check the set up menu which revealed no signal on one line, swaping the cables around got them both working & they apologised for the engineer who hadn't commissioned it properly.

9. WarPig843

WarPig843

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    These are helpful replies, cheers.

My Sky+ box has suddenly decided to work properly, I dont know what the problem was but its fine now. :clap:

It just had the fault for the first day and then rectified itself.

Thanks guys.