1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Plasma - any good?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by dr_mabuse, Jan 19, 2004.

1. dr_mabuse

dr_mabuse

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Anyone got the Sky plasma system? I was wondering what the performance is like from Sky and DVD sources?

I assume its bought in hardware that Sky has rebadged?

Reviews appreciated.

dr_m

2. jont

jont

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +416
    Do a search on this forum and you'll see quite a few comments about the sky plasma bundle ... not one of them very complimentary IRC ...

rgds

Jon

3. johnelf

johnelf
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    The general feeling on this forum I suspect is avoid like the plague. Several have had problems and sent them back. I belive they are re-badged Techwoods. :nono:

Spend a bit more and get something recommended in this forum!!

John

4. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I had the Sky plasma but returned it & cancelled the agreement. The PQ quality on Sky channels was poor ie. blotchy, colours ndidn't seem to mix together properly etc.
    It may have just been a faulty TV but have now realised from being on these forums I can get a plasma cheaper with a better spec.

Cheers
    Cag

5. morphman

morphman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got one to see what they were like compared to other plasmas. Very poor, no features, No extra gubbins for sky as hinted at in their sales pitch.

for 3.5k you can almost get a Pio434hde which is the best plasma on the planet.

6. Elvis

Elvis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The only people getting excited about this plasma are $KY who (no doubt) make £££'s on every one they sell. There are many cheaper and better screens around. Spend a bit of time on this forum and you'll soon get some good pointers in terms of what to look for and how much to pay.

7. Cag

Cag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think the main selling point was the 3 years interest free credit (was with me anyway) but I decided that it wasn't worth it as the PQ on Sky was V.poor. As said befor though I am under the impression that it was faulted.
    I have decided now to get a Hit(90% sure) or a panny but have not yet decided- out comes the plastic- if you look around you can get some pretty good deals on credit cards at the minute where u pay 0% for 6 months or have a V. low rate of interest.

Cheers
    Cag