Sky + Planner

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Batey, Aug 2, 2002.

1. Batey

Batey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the past few days I have noticed that the amount of free space left on my hard drive has dropped from 100% to 99% when It is empty.
    I was wondering if this is because of Sky's recent update or has anyone else noticed this with there's ?.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    It's been mentioned elsewhere, not seen it myself as I haven't had an empty planner since the update.
    If it bothers you try a system reset and see if that makes a difference.

3. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I had Sky+ installed yesterday, played with it a little and deleted all recordings and mine now shows 99% availability despite there being no recordings saved?

One other thing is that I have read about the software update sent late July giving a manual timer and manual settings for timing buffers, my new unit does not seem to have these options, does anyone know if they would automatically re-send this update or whether I would have to chase Sky for an update?

Many thanks

4. big.hal

big.hal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sky should have updated the box when they installed it. Had mine installed lasted friday and that was updated. As for only 99% showing, does sky use the same sort of hard drive management like PC's do where even if every thing is deleted it still doesn't give you all your capacity back, something to do with File Allocation Tables (FAT) I think. Just a thought....