1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ -> Plamsa Scart-Scart or Scart-Component

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by TheDack, May 10, 2005.

1. TheDack

TheDack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just bought the Hitachi 42Pd7200. DVD's are fantastic (progrssive scan deck on order) but the picture from Sky+ can be flwaed on certain channels (especially skin tone). Currently connecting Scart to Scart as RGB but have been looking at a RGB-Componet converter (http://www.js-technology.com/produc...d=36&osCsid=5fae890b6ebc48f0ba3aa8d9bdd24ecb).

Does anybody know if this box will give a better picture quality over Scart-Scart?

Cheers

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,380
    The JS-Tech converters are IMO excellent, but they will never be able to improve a signal that is being fed into them. Basically they can't add extra information that is not already there. The only way to improve the video signal is to buy an expensive video processor such as the Lumangen HDP, iScan HD etc, but a better quality scart lead may help especially if it is a cheap scart you are useing.
    Therefore IMO you may as well stay with an RGB scart connection for Sky.

Mark.

3. TheDack

TheDack

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers Mark, I thought that was the case. The bumf on the js-technology implied that the box actually improved the signal quality. A recieved an email fro mthen stating that the Sky picture had been improved using the box for some customers.

I have a decent quality RGB Scart so guess I'll jsut have to live with the pic until Sky release HD.

Cheers