Sky Pin Protection - Parental Control

Shagga

Standard Member
Hi All,
Having some issues with removing PIN protection on my HD box. I can understand having the request for your PIN number on the adult channels but now I am being asked for it on movie channels and I have not adjusted any settings? When I go into the Parental Control menu all of the indications suggest there is NO PIN protection on at all but when I flick through the channels I'm always being asked for the PIN. Not the end of the world but it's doing me noggin in now.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Shane

kenedin

PIN protection for viewing live channels exists 24/7 outside the watershed times on your box, regardless of Parental Control settings. It is an OFCOM requirement. The best you can do ( for watching recorded programmes on Sky+ Planner ) is to disable PIN on Pre-Watershed Playback in "Other Restrictions" in the Parental Control Menu. More info on watershed etc here.

Shagga

Standard Member
Thank you.

WATTS

Wasn't there a time when you couldn't even watch 15 rated movies even with pin protection?

Thank god its not like that anymore!!! :D

Miss Chief

There was a time when no 12 or 15 cert movies could be shown before the watershed. This was chnaged but part of the OFCOM requirements were that a PIN should be asked for before 8pm.

Shagga

Standard Member
OK,
SO even at 2am in the morning I need to enter my PIN?

Miss Chief

That's not right at all. Tery a power cycle (standby, power off, wait 10 seconds power on, 1 min later press Sky), if that doesn;t work Sky can overide your parental control settings, check they haven't done so.

kenedin

OK,
SO even at 2am in the morning I need to enter my PIN?
No. The watershed times for which the PIN is required are from 8pm ( 9pm? for Cert 18 ), till 5.30am.

landman02

Standard Member
Just had HD fitted and I cannot believe the nanny state stupidity of the liberal idiot who thought of this idea. Now I cannot leave my 12 and 15 year olds alone watching television..... Why? because they cannot watch 12 or 15 certificate films without entering the pin, so the 15 year old is left with nothing better than Garfield........
The answer..... tell them the pin? I don't think so, as they can then have full access. Well done Sky/offcom. Muppets

Let your kids have the pin number then...if your that worried about the nanny state, you can police the 18 cert films for them :rolleyes:

mentm

Give them the pin and disconnect the phone line so they can't order any box office movies if that is what you are getting at.

stuartadair

Standard Member
I've just upgraded to Sky Movies and got exactly the same issue. Its a real pain-in-the-whatsit and in practical terms there's no alternaitve but to let the kids have the pin.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom