Sky Picture & Sound problem (Panasonic TU-DSB31)

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Hawsey, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Hawsey

Hawsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Since I moved my original digibox to another room when we got Sky+ I have had an intermittent but regular viewing problem. Some channels, particularly those with live outside broadcasts such as Sky Sports, but others too, exhibit a sound distortion rather like there is a pulse running through it and regularly there is a repetitive picture break up accompanied with a high-pitched squeak.

The picture break up usually occurs during football transmissions when the coverage cuts away from the main camera to those at low level - I can't think of a logical explanation, but that's what happens. The sound distortion appears to start after a period of time. During the winter cricket coverage, it began after about an hour viewing. The picture wasn't affected, but the sound was pulsing, so I watched on mute and listened to the radio! Sky technical support say the signal is ok and the digibox must have a fault. Before I go looking for a 2nd hand replacement, does anyone have any suggestions?

One other problem that someone may have an answer to is that this box is attached to a 14ins TV and the picture seems to be offset a little to the left and I can see no way of adjusting that. On the Sky guide screen the top left of the picture bends in to middle. It's not a big deal but I can't find anyone that can tell me why?

2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    Set the output from RGB to PAL and you'll cure both faults. :)

Am I right?

A. Dork

3. Hawsey

Hawsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I've changed it to PAL as suggested and so far it looks good. As it was an intermittent fault it needs a more extensive test and tonight's live football should be a clincher!

4. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +324
    You're very welcome Hawsey.

Come on you White Men! :D

A. Dork