Sky + Picture quality

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Bluenose1878, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Bluenose1878

Bluenose1878

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking about upgrading to Sky+, i know that the movie channels are now being broadcast in Dolby Digital surround sound but is the picture quality actually any better than with Sky+ than Sky digital? I've got a Panasonic Viera Plasma and the picture quality with Sky on most channels has been a disappointment to say the least. Thanks for any views....

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Some movies are in DD5.1, not all of them.
    Any difference in PQ between a standard digibox and SKY+ will be down to indivdual perception, yes there are different components used between models and manufacturers but impossible I suspect to quantify a difference.

Simply put you have a very high end display with requires a far higher quality source to get the best out of it, the majority of SKY channels are not upto the standard of DVD and will shows imperfections on Plasmas. However the connection method used can have a definite impact on the final result and a RGB to VGA from JS Tech is considered to be better than an RGB scart but not sure if the Viera range has a VGA input.

Probably get some useful info on this subject from the Plasma forum:)

3. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have got a Sky+ and a Viera 42 and am impressed with the quality of the picture on Sky. Crystal clear. However, my old Pace digibox had good pictures too.

I presume you are watching via RGB and have a good quality scart.