Sky+ Picture Quality

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by JayCee, Dec 30, 2004.

1. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,937
    As a long time Sky subscriber I'm just about at the stage of upgrading to Sky+ however I remember reading a thread here about six months ago concerning a known problem with the Sky+ pic quality........if I remember correctly it had poor video resolution.
    I'm not sure if it was a Pace problem or a Sky software problem.........just wondering if it still exists?.....has any new software downloads cured it?
    I am likely to be buying my own Sky+ box and it will probably be the Pace V2.

I am more than happy with the pic quality of my existing Pace 2200, I just want reassurance Sky+ won't be worse.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Certain models of the PACE v2 had a hardware issue which resulted in a "soft focus" area on the image, this was cured with a software patch.
    A batch/version of the Amstrad SKY+ is also showing problems with the video ouput, currently being discussed in the forum, you may get one that is fine then again you may not.
    General opinion is that PACE is the better option although they are in short supply as PACE no longer supply the version2 box in any significant numbers.