1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky+ picture quality in Northern Ireland

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jazzdog, Oct 5, 2004.

1. jazzdog

jazzdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello everyone i was hoping that some members located in Belfast or elsewhere in the province (i,m sure theres quite a few) could perhaps reply and let me know what they think of picture quality at the moment on sky+, i upgraded to sky+ a few months ago, and i have to say that picture quality is nowhere near as sharp as it was previously, i still have the same tv and am still hooked up the same way as before. the movie channels remain pretty good but on some of the other main channels i am getting a lot of artifacts and picture trailing when the picture changes quickly , i know to expect this on some channels but surely not on sky 1 , E4,and the sports channels . football at the moment is nearly unwatchable , it looks sometimes if the match is going so fast that the camera can,t keep up, the picture can be blocky , pitch markings and crowd shots look to me to be out of focus or shimmering. one last thing , that anyone in the forums can help with if they are kind enough to do so can the quad lnb affect picture quality or is their no difference between this and the single lnb, i have been told by sky that there is nothing wrong with the box, the only new addition therefore is the new lnb , sorry if i have rambled on and many thanks to anyone that might reply.

2. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got sky + in today up in Glenavy about 20 miles from Belfast. Pic is excellent but once or twice there was some brief blocking. Could the installer maybe have knocked your dish a bit off kilter when changing the lnb?

3. lonestar

lonestar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    hi jazzdog

i've had sky+ since feb03, living in maghera, and have to say that the pq has been generally very good, sometimes when watching the footie, either sky sports or itv, the picture can be blocky and pixelly.

but overall the pq has been very good, you may need your dish realigned. This should be covered under your warranty, so a quick call to sky may sort you out.

4. jazzdog

jazzdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks guys for the replys , looks like its time to get the ladder out.

5. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Off topic - but a small world mate, I'm only literally around the corner from you!

6. Truecelt

Truecelt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Small world indeed, two movie.cinema, satt nuts on a mountaintop!

7. barneymagoo

barneymagoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi
    Make that three, I'm between Glenavy and Ballinderry. Btw my sky+ picture is good. Sometimes a bit blocky on ITV1 especially Emmerdale.
    Linda