Sky+ Picture problems

mark raeburn

Established Member
Reaction score
I have had Sky+ installed now for a couple of weeks (previously had NTL digital). I had the dish mounted on the back of my house on a bracket about two feet long - as the dish had to face nearly horizontal to the wall.

I have been extremely disapointed with the picture quality. The picture on all channels (but more nociable on football/golf shows etc) exhibits random horizontal flickering which moves up and down the screen in no particualr order. It's very distractiing and annoying.

I had the Sky engineers come out and they claimed that this sort of interference is standard with Sky and I should just accept it. However having been round to my parents house (who are just a mile away) they do not have any of this flickering and the picture is fine. I am connecting to my TV via RGB (the same lead as used for NTL which did not have any of these problems).

Also the picture tends to freeze quite a lot sometimes as much as once every 5 minutes.

Has anyone experienced these porblem, or know whether they are solvable? I'd be very grateful as at this rate am thinking about going back to NTL digital - which just goes to show you how annoying the problem is.

Thanks

Mark

Freezing picture points to poor signal reception and the flickering is perhaps interference generated by local RF sources or poor quality cabling.
I assume the PQ issues are present on all connections, RGB, PAL, s-video and RF?

Also worth trying your parents digibox on your dish just to confirm it's not a tuner issue with the SKY+ or any local interference that the digibox is picking up.

Also remember that you have a full warranty and any installer that says those picture issues are normal is talking b******s, you know from experience that SKY D shouldn't have these problems so either make full use of the warranty or ring SKY and get a full refund.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom