1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Picture problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mark raeburn, Sep 20, 2004.

1. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I have had Sky+ installed now for a couple of weeks (previously had NTL digital). I had the dish mounted on the back of my house on a bracket about two feet long - as the dish had to face nearly horizontal to the wall.

I have been extremely disapointed with the picture quality. The picture on all channels (but more nociable on football/golf shows etc) exhibits random horizontal flickering which moves up and down the screen in no particualr order. It's very distractiing and annoying.

I had the Sky engineers come out and they claimed that this sort of interference is standard with Sky and I should just accept it. However having been round to my parents house (who are just a mile away) they do not have any of this flickering and the picture is fine. I am connecting to my TV via RGB (the same lead as used for NTL which did not have any of these problems).

Also the picture tends to freeze quite a lot sometimes as much as once every 5 minutes.

Has anyone experienced these porblem, or know whether they are solvable? I'd be very grateful as at this rate am thinking about going back to NTL digital - which just goes to show you how annoying the problem is.

Thanks

Mark

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Freezing picture points to poor signal reception and the flickering is perhaps interference generated by local RF sources or poor quality cabling.
    I assume the PQ issues are present on all connections, RGB, PAL, s-video and RF?

Also worth trying your parents digibox on your dish just to confirm it's not a tuner issue with the SKY+ or any local interference that the digibox is picking up.

Also remember that you have a full warranty and any installer that says those picture issues are normal is talking b******s, you know from experience that SKY D shouldn't have these problems so either make full use of the warranty or ring SKY and get a full refund.