• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Sky picture in kitchen via io-link

DMB1

Hi,

I've recently connected my main sky box to the tv in the kitchen via an io link.

Picture is grand considering it's well below hd quality.

The only thing is there is ghosting at times if someone moves quickly or take for instance if I'm watching SSN and the yellow ticker is moving along the bottom, it's very fussy, but I press pause the ticker becomes clear.

It's a new build and the wiring was already in place in the kitchen for the tv.

Anyone ideas on how to improve this??

It's currently on channel 68 for the Rf.

Thanks.

Mark...

logiciel

SSN?
Certainly try other channels.

DMB1

Sky sports news.

I have tried other channels, like I mentioned if someone is moving their head quickly and it's a close up, you can see some ghosting.

Same when you press up on the remote to browse what's on, it goes very slightly blurry, then sharpens after a second.

logiciel

There could be a fault somewhere in the wiring. It needs to be very accurate.

DMB1

So it is a case that this should not be happening?

I thought it might have been one of the drawbacks of using these tv links or possibly using the wrong rf channel.

I might just leave it as the picture is not bad and fine to use for the kitchen. I wouldn't be able to get it rewired as would imagine it would be costly and not a guarantee it would sort it.

logiciel

I meant the connections - you can check those.
You are doing quite well though as the result will always be less than perfect.

kevkbuk

Distinguished Member
Could be a poor TV or an image processing setting, have you used it before for this purpose?

Simple fault finding will help, move the TV to the sky box and connect with a short coax cable, leaving out the magic eye if applicable, then test again with it.

DMB1

No only got the tv last week and got it wall mounted on Friday past.

It's a Samsung 32j5100, would say it should be fine as a kitchen tv and be able to do the job of this tv link. I think there is an option of image processing, I will try and turn it off to see if it makes a difference.

Mark...

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom