Sky picture freezes but sound continues

PhilNUK

Hi guys.. had this happen to me about three times during the CL Liverpool game on SSHD1.

The picture froze three times, but the sound carried on as normal.. to fix it I had to scroll up to another channel and then back down...

but it happened a fourth time but came up with a message for a brief second, something about pairing a new card, but it went away... leaving us with no picture or sound..... but on the SD channels we got a picture and no sound, and on the HD channels we got nothing.

Powered the box off and put it back on and it hasn't happened since...

anyone had this happen?

Ellispa

Hi guys.. had this happen to me about three times during the CL Liverpool game on SSHD1.

The picture froze three times, but the sound carried on as normal.. to fix it I had to scroll up to another channel and then back down...

but it happened a fourth time but came up with a message for a brief second, something about pairing a new card, but it went away... leaving us with no picture or sound..... but on the SD channels we got a picture and no sound, and on the HD channels we got nothing.

Powered the box off and put it back on and it hasn't happened since...

anyone had this happen?
I've had something similar happen to me. During the same game, the sound disappeared just as the second half started. On the Bayern Milan game, i had sound but no picture. Then on all the other sky channels I tried, picture but no sound. Some channels I would get sound on (BBC1 and ITV, for instance) but no sound on Ch5 and most other channels.

What was weirder was that if I went Interactive on Sky Sports HD1 with the liverpool game, I would get the sound from that game but no picture, the reverse of what I'd get normally. The only fix was to turn the box off at the mains, which fixed everything.

I think the last update has done something, as there appears to be lots of sound issues at the moment and they can't all be unrelated. It has happened to me once before, on a recording initially, which then spread.

Bit irritating, really!

C225

Distinguished Member
I just had the same thing watching topgear on UKG2 and the picture froze but the sound continued.

Changed channel and back again and was fine again

Very strange

phatal

Standard Member
I get this every few days. I have reported it to Sky and they seem to deny all knowledge of the problem!!

Just call Sky technical help to log the fault call.

scottymc

Novice Member
I had the same problem Sky came out to see it but sods law didnt happen when he was there told him i wasnt happy and got a new box which isnt doing it but is very loud :)
You just cant win

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom