• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Picture Format Problem.

Tricky-Ricky

Prominent Member
Although i have Sky HD Sky + box this problem relates mainly to the AV scart outputs which i mainly watch if its not an HD broadcast, as i find it clearer than upscaled,
I keep getting a non full screen picture, ie not letterbox but black top and bottom, (and yes i know some channels a broadcast that way) i can just switch from PAL to RGB in the picture set up and its back to normal until the next day and its reverted back again, so switching from RGB to PAL sorts it,the Sky + also seems to record this way to? very odd, now its not down to the TV set up Sony Bravia, been through everything twice,
This AFAIK only been happening for the last three weeks, has Sky screwed up a system update? any suggestions very welcome.

F

Fatwaz

thers been no update for a while afaik so cant be that.when you change settings for the scarts are you saving them?also only one of the scart outs of the box is fully wired AV1 so only that out will auto switch.this is also the only one that will output RGB so this is the one that should be going to the tv

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom