Sky picture "dropped" slightly!?!?

stevep94

I've noticed a thin white broken line at the top of my screen when viewing on certain channels!

At first I thought it was the TV but I get the same effect on the TV and different Sky box upstairs!?!?

I then assumed it was universal but can't find a trace of the problem at my mother in laws house?!?!? I can only assume then that there might be a problem with our dish???

Anyone had a similar problem??

AndyCob

Those little white lines are signal identifiers in the broadcast. They would normally be overscanned and not visible on the screen but the switch from the legacy of CRTs which always had some overscan to flat panel lcd/plasma where depending on make/model and user setup overscan can be disabled means they can be shown in the visible picture.

Either ignore them or if your screen has such an option enable overscan. You usually only ever see it on SD channels so another alternative is to watch via scart rather than HDMI for SD material which should thanks to the analogue/digital conversion casue them to be overscaned off the screen.

stevep94

Those little white lines are signal identifiers in the broadcast. They would normally be overscanned and not visible on the screen but the switch from the legacy of CRTs which always had some overscan to flat panel lcd/plasma where depending on make/model and user setup overscan can be disabled means they can be shown in the visible picture.

Either ignore them or if your screen has such an option enable overscan. You usually only ever see it on SD channels so another alternative is to watch via scart rather than HDMI for SD material which should thanks to the analogue/digital conversion casue them to be overscaned off the screen.

Top man!!!! :thumbsup:

I'd disabled overscan after reading some suggested settings for my TV!

Thansks!

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom