Sky pay channels with Nova-HD-S2

mwallan

well i have
1. WinTV NOVA-HD-S2 card
2. WinTV-CI-USB2 (Rev 2)
3. T.Rex (Dragon) CAM
4. Legit Sky Card with full subscription to all pay channels. (Not the new white version, I'm still on the blue one)
4. Sub HD + 3 mixes not sports or film

Now i have the sky channels in Media center some work fine with the setupo ie fiver now i cant get sky1,2,3 to work in MC had sky 1 working as i set up the system but now it does not work

Is there any reason that some of the channels that i have a sub for decode and some do not.

Now i dont have the most up to dat flash on the cam and would that make a difference ???

is anybody running sky on windowws 7 using the same setup and how does it go

stblob

Hi
Sky cards do not get the updates from the dragon cam that sky send out
You will need to put your sky card back into the sky box so that the card can update then it will work again.
This loophole has been closed with the new white cards.
Good luck

mwallan

Hi
Sky cards do not get the updates from the dragon cam that sky send out
You will need to put your sky card back into the sky box so that the card can update then it will work again.
This loophole has been closed with the new white cards.
Good luck

thats not an issue .. my main issue at the moment is some channels will show but some dont using media center Is this common ??? with the same setup or sim ???

the new white cards do work in deramboxes so i hear ;)

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Vista Media Center doesn't support DVB-S2 at all (which is used by some Sky channels). Windows 7 Media Center will not be able to scan and find some DVB-S2 channels using the Nova-HD-S2. See the Hauppauge forums.

PScarratt

Standard Member
Have you programmed your boxes serial number into the Dragon CAM? You'll need that for any of the premium channels.

FYI - I'm using predator 3.64 on my Dragon CAM, works perfectly (Even for Sky HD using DVBSBridge to get round the no DVB-S2 issue!)

mwallan

Vista Media Center doesn't support DVB-S2 at all (which is used by some Sky channels). Windows 7 Media Center will not be able to scan and find some DVB-S2 channels using the Nova-HD-S2. See the Hauppauge forums.

well you could say that it does support dvbs2 but it just does not scan the transponders enough to get the sky hd channels, and all thats needed is a reg tweek , I have seen the forums over there but they dont like sky and dragon cam talk

mwallan

Have you programmed your boxes serial number into the Dragon CAM? You'll need that for any of the premium channels.

FYI - I'm using predator 3.64 on my Dragon CAM, works perfectly (Even for Sky HD using DVBSBridge to get round the no DVB-S2 issue!)

got pred 3.54, so I know its not up to date, but it should work ok ???? if i do need to updater i need to get a loader card !!! have an old programmer I can use UCB infinity phonex some where !!!!!

I dont have premium channels only sky, I have just put my 10 digit box id in the cam and still sky 1,2,3 dont work :rotfl: can get some kids channels to work and some others dont .. I dont see a pattern to why this is ...

PScarratt

Standard Member
Not sure about the 3.54, I thought 3.64 was the lowest that would work?

I have a Duolabs CAS USB programmer that I used to update my firmware but i'm not sure what other programmers work

mwallan

it works on some of the sky channels but not all .. well that could be the issue then i guess .. now to buy a loader card. the programmer i have will be fine .. from what i see a fun7 card costs approx £12 or i coulds go to ebay and geta fun card with the most upto date pred for the same price ??

Is £12 the going rate for a fun7 card in the shops ????

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T9/X Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom