Sky+ Pause Operation

Renrag

Standard Member
Reaction score
Have had Sky+ installed today with a new Amstrad PVR3 box. The Pause mode doesn't operate as I had expected - after one pauses a live programme, I had anticipated that one could fast forward until the playback caught up with the live programme when it would switch automatically to the live programme at normal speed. This doesn't happen - the playback stays on x2, X6 or what has been selected and one has to force it back to the live feed by pressing the Sky button or the fast-forward button again. Is this normal or is there a problem with my box ? Grateful for any comments.

Either thats normal or we both have a problem! :D

Lets hope its the first ;)

Well, the pause is rather dodgy on a lot of Sky+ boxes at the moment, but there is another way to return to the "live" programme - just press STOP. Hope this helps.

if i pause, say for a few minutes, then unpause and fast forward, it eventually gets to the end of the recorded bit and switches to realtime automatically....this is a Pace PVR3.....mebbe the Amstrad and Pace differ in a few ways....

How do you find your Amstrad PVR3? They are villified on here especially for being noisy, but I am very happy with mine. :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom