• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky + patterned display

C

Chris Vaughan

Hi All, Has anyone seen this before. Especially when watching low contrast scenes there is light/dark/light/dark (etc) vertical banding across the picture. It is static, not moving with the images. I've had Sky + about a year now & this is beginning to burn into my Plasma. Repeated contact to Sky has been ignored. Comments would be much appreciated, thanks.

C

Chris Vaughan

OOOO Errr, yes Nick it is one of Mr. Sugar's products, would this be significant perhaps?

Nick_UK

Banned
Vertical banding is a known problem with Amstrad boxes, caused by memory timing errors. If it's out of warranty, you might get somewhere if you threaten cancellation, otherwise it's a £65 call out.

C

Chris Vaughan

Thank you Nick. I am going to threaten cancellation etc. It does seem to be policy these days for companies (not only Sky) to ignore known problems until the consumer shouts loudly.

Thanks again.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom