Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sky-Panny vcr

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MORPH, Aug 30, 2001.

1. MORPH

MORPH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there <br />just had sky installed to my cinema system, not sure if it is a worthwhile venture yet.

Problem, ? I have a panasonic vcr which used to switch my old analogue sat system "on and off" but u had to tell it were the channels were in order to use the vidplus system (easier for the wife, he says lol). i am not really bothered about it switching the digibox on/off but when inputting vidplus no. does not tape right, have looked in menu of my vcr's sat settings and it was set to TUNER TYPE 2 this was set for my old panny stb, am i missing something here or is my video too old to use to record digital ps i have a pace box, think it is a 2500n fitted last week also my vcr is a panny HD 625B, sorry to be long winded but is agravating me.

thanks Morph

ps have read General skankys post of 27/07/01<br />maybe he can help ?

2. Beddie

Beddie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Get the Panasonic manual, try all the codes for Pace boxes and you might be lucky!

3. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    I can confirm your model will not control sky digital.

All the new Panny models will though.

I you intend to buy one of these new models, beware...........

I had a Panny 675, which was one of the first vcrs around to control sky digital, but it wouldn't work via videoplus, it would set the date/time but not the sky channel no.

I had big arguments with Panny at the time.

This prob may have been sorted out by now on the latest range, but its worth double checking.

Incedently, Toshiba vcrs will work sky digital and the videoplus works like a dream, remembering sky one is 106, challenge is 121, etc.

4. StephenR

StephenR
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

5. MORPH

MORPH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks all for your help

tried all panny codes but nothing

been out today and bought tosh V-851 VCR £174.99 (shifted panny to the bedroom) <br />also invested in 2x Ixos 126 AV gold leads, they look the dogs b.... <br />only need the vcr to record as i watch most of my films on dvd,

one snag though tosh helpline are not confident that it will switch the digibox on/off but it will switch channels.

will let you know when i have installed it and ran it for a few days.

thanks for all help. MORPH

[ 31-08-2001: Message edited by: MORPH ]</p>

6. simon1

simon1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Stephen R

Pleased to hear the new range of panny vcrs has been sorted.

I argued with Panasonic that there was a design prob with the 675 & 685. They came up with some crap that 'Gemstar' didn't allocate videoplus channel nos for digital channels, which I knew was untrue.

Later, they said they would speak to the factory about an update of software. After a few weeks they admitted it was going to be too expensive.

They agreed to credit my supplier, so I could get a refund, but I kept it and negotiated a discount instead.

Morph,

Let me know if the Tosh does switch the sky box on & off. The previous range didn't: V730,V830,V860