Sky+ & Panasonic DMRE 100

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Esther, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Esther

Esther

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm considering a Sky+ package. I have a Panasonic 80gb HDD, costing £800 in October 2003, in order to save money I thought I'd buy the Sky 40GB box currently on offer @ £99, assuming I can transfer/copy any recordings to the Panasonic. Is copying quite straightforward?

Analogue reception is quite poor in this area, & we use a Freeview box but all the fiddling with AV's is irritating.

I have a feeling I'll just have to bite the bullet & opt for the 120GB box costing £399 which seems such a waste since I currently have a HDD with 80GB. Any help would be appreciated.

Esther

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Yep copying a recording or a live feed from the SKY+ to a DVD/HD recorder is just a matter of hooking up a RGB scart and selecting the right input on the recorder.

You can upgrade the standard 40gig SKY+ yourself, it is very easy since it users a standard PC type IDE hard drive and apart from losing the warranty (well you can always put the old drive back in if something goes wrong and then ring SKY) the SKY+160 (Official hardware not third party upgrade) is not that good value.