Sky+ > Panasonic DMR-BWT720EB

Akhilleus

Novice Member
Hi guys, first post....

After having a good look through the forum, I am thinking of picking up a Blu Ray recorder. Mainly for archiving my sky+ recordings and especially as I intend to upgrade to sky+ HD in the near future. Hence the problem; The lack of RGB input on the BWT720EB, the only one I am really considering. I can't really justify spending even slightly more on an older Panasonic model that's about to become obsolete, even if I could find one. So I guess what I am asking is how much of the picture quality would I lose by not using a RGB connection as I really have no clue what to expect.

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi guys, first post....

After having a good look through the forum, I am thinking of picking up a Blu Ray recorder. Mainly for archiving my sky+ recordings and especially as I intend to upgrade to sky+ HD in the near future. Hence the problem; The lack of RGB input on the BWT720EB, the only one I am really considering. I can't really justify spending even slightly more on an older Panasonic model that's about to become obsolete, even if I could find one. So I guess what I am asking is how much of the picture quality would I lose by not using a RGB connection as I really have no clue what to expect.

Welcome to the forum.

This issue has been discussed fairly extensively in the master thread. See post number 149 and earlier here.

I should point out that HD will not cross platforms.
Material coming from a sky HD box will be downgraded to SD... albeit better than normal SD ... more accurately termed Mid-D.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom