Sky + Packed Up

CYRUStheVIRUS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had my sky+ pvr 2 for 3 months and my hard drive has just packed in, rang sky and they sent engineer round who tried to replace box with old pvr 1 box with scratches told him to poke it (or words to that effect) and he said i had to ring customer services who told me if i read my contract it states that sky's obligation is only to repair or replace with reconditioned unit. very MAD :mad: :mad: :mad: as i have paid £300 for the box. rebooked engineer but what do i do if they turn up with another battered box? I HATE SKY

I sympathise. I would be bloody mad if that happened to me - paying a reasonable sum for a piece of hardware only to have it replaced with a reconditioned one is outrageous. If any shop did that you'd take the kit back!

tried to argue its like bringing back a playstation 2 and being told we dont have anymore but we will give you a ps1 (not quite as i think boxes are basically the same) she told me to complain in writing.

Originally posted by CYRUStheVIRUS
tried to argue its like bringing back a playstation 2 and being told we dont have anymore but we will give you a ps1 (not quite as i think boxes are basically the same) she told me to complain in writing.

Just take the box they give you and then ring sky and tell them its also faulty as under your contract they have to replace it (i you get what i am saying ):smashin:

Under the law (sale of goods and services act I believe - or possibly the recent EU-inspired ammendment) any fault that occurs within 6 months of purchase is considered to have been present at purchase and it is up to Sky to prove otherwise. Thus the box would be considered faulty on delivery and they should give you a new one. Phone up Sky and mention the sale of goods and services act and threaten them with trading standards if they don't comply.

Have a read of this for more:
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/saleandsupply.htm

Dunc.

my partner has already accepted a box,i told her to reject it if it had any marks but she accepted (cannot live without it now) it, when i got home it had a couple of black marks but otherwise no scratches. cannot be bothered to go through it all again but thanks for help:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom