Sky package without Sky TV?

CDphobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Folks

Bit of a strange question, but bear with me...

My parents-in-law currently have a traditional Sky package - TV with Sports pack, telephone and broadband. Only issue is that 3 months into the contract the contract holder (father-in-law) has passed away and we now need to find a way to cut costs. Mum-in-law isn't a huge sports fan, never uses (and doesn't want) internet, and only ever watches BBC1, BBC2 and Downton Abbey. So we're looking at a Freesat/Freeview recorder plus a landline, but if we cancel the Sky contract there will be a delay and loss of phone while it's transferred. So, does anyone know if Sky would provide a landline only package?

Mods, please feel free to move if there's a more appropriate forum.

Al

The easiest, most accurate answer will come by just ringing them and asking. FWIW, I've got Sky landline rental, talk package, and fibre broadband, but no Sky TV at all. I used to have it, and like your Mother-in-law, I decided to get rid of the TV package as I didn't use it, albeit for different reasons.

You would need to inform sky that the account holder has sadly passed away and according to their website they should do everything they can to help you.
You might need a password so I would ask your M-I-L if she happens to know it

Hi,

Due to the sad circumstances, I'll shift this over to the Sky TV forum and hopefully you'll get a really quick answer.

Thanks everyone. The reason why I didn't simply ring was in case I was shepherded into a new contract with fixed terms before understanding the options.

For anyone else who finds themselves in this situation, Sky's response has been both understanding but also a little disjointed. The upshot to date is that we've been able to cancel the TV package and taken a current telephone and internet package with no notice period for any changes. However, whilst the first advisor has said it's not possible to take a phone line without internet, the system seems to "allow" a package of phone only to be created, and another advisor has said this is possible for our case. So it's back onto the phone over the next few days to try and get this resolved.

Cheers,

Al

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom