• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky + Pace v1 Box HD Upgrade Question

G

Gotan

Hi,

I have a v1.0 Pace SKy+ box and am looking to upgrade it by installing a larger capacity hard disk (160 - 200 - 250 MB).

I've been reading various articles but can't seem to "nail down" clear hard facts.

I'd like to know what is the largest capacty disk I can install in my v1.0 Pace Sky+ box and which disk will work without the "17 Minute Bug".

Any/all advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance !

DAZ

OxfordDon

I installed a 160Gb disk in my Pace v1 box, and it was fine at first, but after a little while (presumably when the disk got to a certain percentage full), it developed the 17 minute bug. Several times now I have had recordings freeze near the end, so I missed the climax of various shows. Very frustrating and annoying. I will be replacing the 160Gb with a 120Gb shortly, as I read somewhere that this is the limit for avoiding the 17 minute bug.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom