sky+ pace v amstrad

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by sonysideup, Mar 24, 2005.

1. sonysideup

sonysideup
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    just had sky+ installed and thought those of you who have been debating this topic would like to know this tale.
    i asked the installer what make i would be getting and he said pace. having seen the posts over the last few weeks, i breathed a sigh of relief. i mentioned to him that i had heard amstrad have had quite a few problems and he said he shouldn't tell me this but yes that is true. he also said that sky have upped their order for pace boxes rather than amstrad. in fact, he said he hadn't installed an amstrad model for some time and he didn't anticipate any change in the future.
    thought you might like to know.

2. BobD

BobD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had my sky+ box changed recently and the installer said he hadn't seen a Pace box for ages and he had just recieved a new batch of Amstrad boxes and the faulty ones with bands on the picture had all been recalled.

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Having met several Sky installers over the 13 years that I've owned a Sky box, I've come to the conclusion that most Sky installers like to hear the sound of their own voices. Sorry if this upsets any "Blue Van Men" out there :)

4. rasb0

rasb0

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Had my system installed 4 weeks ago and got an Amstrad box :thumbsdow

4 weeks on, not a problem with the box. PQ & sound great, No V bannding, in fact non of the issues which have been discussed at length here. I was prepared for the long haul and even warned the Installation Technician he would probably be back within the week. But NO, pleasantly suprised and very pleased thus far. :smashin:

Now is that tempting fate or what? :rolleyes:

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I reckon that shows that the problems was down to a bad batch or production run something PACE has been through as well.
    SKY went into damage limitation mode and as always seems to work, most people are willing to bend a little if they think they are being treated right and the problem will be fixed, it's a shame it's taking so long though:(

6. Mr Grumpy

Mr Grumpy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I wouldn't mind if they showed a little enthusiasm for their work. I swear the guy that installed ours must have been playing Radiohead in the van before he came in ;) . I don't think he stopped whinging (mainly about how crap Sky + was...) all the while he was here. Now I don't know about the rest of you but the last thing I want to hear when I am having something installed is how crap it is !

7. RoyT

RoyT

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    My Sky+ is just this minute being fitted! :D

However, no Pace boxes on board just Amstrad or refurned V1 Pace's.

Opted for the Amstrad, I'll just have to get it swapped if it plays up. Although I'm heartened by rasb0's post :)