Sky+ pace box switching itself off

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by FMC, Jul 16, 2005.

1. FMC

FMC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Only had the box since christmas and it has started to switch itself off.I did it last night but came back on again once it had reset itself.The box is a pace but im not sure which version.It has the card input on the left.Any idea? ,could it be its overheating like my old grunding (normal sky) did ,which meant I had to remove the lid to let the air circulate more.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    If the card input is on the left, it is a Pace V2.

You need to remove the LNB1 and LNB2 inputs from the box, and see if it switches itself off. If it still does, then you probably have either a faulty fan (causing overheating) or a faulty power supply. If it sits there quite happily with "no satellite signal being received" on the screen, it is most likely an LNB fault, or a fault in one of the cables going to the LNB (the LNB is the part in the middle of the dish).

3. FMC

FMC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    THe LNB was replaced at the same time as the box ,I installed it myself.From what you say it sounds like a fan or power supply problem like my old grundig used to do.If it keeps doing it(only done it twice since I got it) then it'll be going back to the shop I bought it from and I'll be demanding a new one as its less than a year old.

4. moneypit23

moneypit23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I have a similar problem. An engineer installed a Pace V1 box yesterday, seemed fine at the time but now it's been switching itself off after about 15 mins use. When I look at the setup, no signal is being received on LNB2 - will that cause it to keep switching off?

5. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    No signal on LNB2 is a classic symptom of a bad hard drive. It can, however, also mean that the LNB or wiring is faulty. Try switching LNB1 & LNB2 cables over - if LNB2 is still bad, it's the hard drive.

6. moneypit23

moneypit23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Swapped cables over and LNB2 still dead. Both cables tested fine in LNB1. Ho hum.... so much for these refurb units! :(