Sky+ Pace box question

Gillsfan

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have had problems with my external sky dish which has caused me to cancel my contract with sky and now I have a spare sky+ pace box.

Can I use that sky+ box with telewest? Im guessing all it is is a standard pace twin box with different firmware??

If not, which PVR can I use that will work well with Telewest?? ( Cant get freeview or NTL in my area ).

I can't answer the Sky + with Telewest question, but there is a dedicated Telewest PVR coming out later this year made by Scientific Atlanta. 160gb hard disk. THREE tuners, (record two channels and watch another) but no idea of cost or how good it is just yet. An option, anyway. :)

I spoke to Telewest about that and its not going to be in service til a year. They have all the beta testers they need to I cant even do that.

Bummer. :censored:

Looks like I'm going to have to put up with my VCR for a while longer then. :laugh:

I wouldn't have thought the Sky Plus box would be able to record without the schedule information it gets from the Sky signal - and it'll have no idea what to do with the telewest cable information.

Mind you I have neither a Sky plus box or Telewest box! Does anyone with Sky plus know if you can record off the scart input to the HDD? I wouldn't have thought so as it'd be an easy way to copy DVDs etc that Sky wouldn't include.

SKY+ can only record from it's internal digital satellite tuners.
It doesn't have any sort of encoding hardware which is why you don't get any loss of quality from a recording as it records the actual broadcast bitstream.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom