Sky + Pace Box- Hard Disc & Fan

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by MikeNolan, Jul 3, 2005.

  1. MikeNolan

    MikeNolan
    Novice Member

    Joined:
    Nov 28, 2004
    Messages:
    540
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Hereford
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had this new PACE box for about 2 months now replacing Amstrad box which had a hard disk lockup. The fan hardly ever goes off even when box is switched to Standby. Is this normal? Seems like a waste of electricty to me.

    Also, I've lost about 30% disk space for some strange reason. It tells me I have about 20% available, but when I add up the programmes stored, they only account for 50% leaving 50% that SHOULD BE available.. Does this indicate bad sectors on the hard disk? I've done a clean up/defrag, but no real difference. Should I get Sky to replace it again? Many thanks
     
  2. Nick_UK

    Nick_UK
    Banned

    Joined:
    Nov 13, 2004
    Messages:
    9,748
    Products Owned:
    0
    Products Wanted:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    103
    Ratings:
    +270
    Sky can play about with the fan settings remotely. It's not an indication of anything going wrong. To get back the missing space, go into the "secret menu", (Services, 4, 0, 1, Select on the remote) and choose "planner rebuild". Note that it's possible to lose recordings if you do this, but it doesn't usually happen.
     

Share This Page

Loading...