simon3030

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, apologies if this has been asked before...
I have a Sky HD+ 1tb box in GF living room, connected via HDMI to Sony TV. Is there a way of watching and/or controlling (I guess controlling is not possible) Sky in the bedroom, directly above? In our previous house, I had a coax amp & splitter with coax to each bedroom, which meant watching whatever channel the Skybox was on, without control, in the bedroom, but now live in a cottage with no easy way of running internal cabling. The TalkTalk router is very close to the Sky box, and I use a BT Mesh system for cottage wide WiFi. Just wondered if there were proprietary gizmos that I could use to connect the Sky box outlets to WiFi and then back to HDMI to connect to bedroom TV.
The TV aerial enters the living room, and is distributed by a three way splitter to the living room, and two bedrooms, one if which is the bedroom in question. Would this be a way of sending the Sky signal upstairs?
Apologies for limited tech knowledge...
Thanks.

Been pushed over here from the Satellite TV, Sky TV & Freesat forum...

Hi, apologies if this has been asked before...
I have a Sky HD+ 1tb box in GF living room, connected via HDMI to Sony TV. Is there a way of watching and/or controlling (I guess controlling is not possible) Sky in the bedroom, directly above? In our previous house, I had a coax amp & splitter with coax to each bedroom, which meant watching whatever channel the Skybox was on, without control, in the bedroom, but now live in a cottage with no easy way of running internal cabling. The TalkTalk router is very close to the Sky box, and I use a BT Mesh disc system for cottage wide WiFi. Just wondered if there were proprietary gizmos that I could use to connect the Sky box outlets to WiFi and then back to HDMI to connect to bedroom TV.
Another option may be via the coax aerial splitter - the TV aerial enters the living room, and is distributed by a three way splitter to the living room, and two bedrooms, one if which is the bedroom in question. Would this be a way of sending the Sky signal upstairs?
Apologies for limited tech knowledge...
Thanks.

Last edited:
An upgrade to Sky Q with a minibox would solve this?

You'd need to pay extra each month for the second box but it connects to your main Sky Q box in the main living room via WiFi rather than cables - you'd be able to control what is shown in the bedroom in the bedroom and watch something different to the living room.

Sorry - as the section is headed Satellite TV, Sky TV and Freesat, I thought this might be the right forum, I stand corrected..

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom